ACN Latitudes Forums

Bontech Vitamins

Familyof5

Hi, I have put two of my children on Bonnie's supplements. I have an 8 yr old son who told me the other day his is not "ticking" anymore since I started him on the vitamins. This was great news. However, my 11 yr old daughter whom I also put on the vitamins is now exhibiting some strange tics I had never seen her do. She has been on the vitamins for over a month (slowly increasing dosage weekly) and I saw an initial relief in her tics. There was no doubt the vitamins changed something. But, as I've continued to increase her dosage, her tics have gotten worse. Now she is constantly rolling her knuckles, blinking her eyes, exhaling/breathy type tic constantly, neck rolling, and can't sit still. The exhaling tic and knuckle rolling are tics I have never seen her do before (since Kindergarten). Problem is that my 8 year old is doing fabulous on the vitamins. Great focus in school, clear thoughts and communicatin skills, completing assignments on time, handwriting improved, tics slowed to virtually none. What is going wrong with my 11 year old daughter? Just curious what others' experiences are with the vitamins. It is curious to me that one child is doing great, the other doing poorly on the vitamins. Any advice on dosage or anything else would be appreciated.

Very worried Mom.

Hi

some people do seem to have this sensitivity to BonTech, although the majority, like your son, do very well on them

has your daughter been evaluated ever for possible soy allergy?

it is likely that or a sensitivity to one of the other ingredients

do both children have TS?

Hi

some people do seem to have this sensitivity to BonTech, although the majority, like your son, do very well on them

has your daughter been evaluated ever for possible soy allergy?

it is likely that or a sensitivity to one of the other ingredients

do both children have TS?

Hi,

Thank you for your response and interest...they have never "officially" been diagnosed with TS. I have three children who were all exposed to toxic mold in our former home. We lived there for 10 years. All three of my children developed body movement disorders and vocal tics, among many other things as well (my oldest daughter the worst--she was blinking since she was at least 2 yrs old). My husband and I are also chronically ill from the exposure. However, since being away from the home for a year we are all beginning to see a good chunk of our symptoms clear. However, the tics have not dissipated yet. The one change with the tics in the children is that they now increase and decrease whenever we are exposed to "toxic molds" instead of being chronic. I guess you would call it waxing when exposed and waning when not exposed. I myself have now become so sensitive that my muscles will almost immediately start twitching if I go into a water damaged building with poor indoor air quality. I just want my children's tics to go away. I know what is the main cause of their tics, I try and avoid any toxic environments, but they do have to attend school. My children, myself, and my husband have all been on a toxin elimination medication to remove the toxins, but this medication can't block the toxins from coming into the body and doing the damage. I was so intrigued (when I started on this forum) to read about all the other children with similar symptoms as my children. That is how I discoverd Bonnie's supplements. They seemed to have helped my son, but my oldest daughter has the worst symptoms and needs relief the most. (She is starting Middle School this year). I was hoping these supplements would be the start of the end of her suffering.....I am still hopeful especially after seeing my son's response to the vitamins. Any advice/help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

I think like everything else we talk about on this forum, some things work for some and not for others. I tried the Bontech vitamins on my son a couple of years ago, and like you he seemed to do great on them at first. His tics were gone after a couple of days or so. Then as I increased them (now I think why did I do that?!) he got worse. I also bought the mag taurine supplement from them and tried that alone and his tics were the worse they have ever been. For some reason he seems to have a negative reaction to the mag taurine. He is 10 now and the only thing I do is the all natural, organic diet which seems to keep things under control so far. He also takes digestive enzymes(houston). This past week I decided to try omega 3 fish oil and he seems like he is tolerating it pretty well. I've always been afraid to try it because so many people on here have reported it made tics worse, but I'm hoping they will actually help him! Everyone seems to have different sensitivities so you might want to try something different with your daughter. Good luck!

Edited by Tom's Mom

Hi

thanks so much for explaining your story! That will be very helpful for others who may be dealing with mold induced symptoms

I am not sure if you have noticed that we also have forums here for infection induced issues, PANDAS/PITAND & the new Lyme disease forum

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php

Personally I feel mold induced tics and other symptoms may fall into a PITAND spectrum, as mold is "microbial"

Good to hear you are all on detox treatments

Dont give up on supplements for your daughter...it just may be that she is sensitive to one or more of those ingredients and needs a more uniquely formulated regimin to meet her specific needs.

There's a lot to learn here about regaining health after something has triggered tics

have you tried the magnesium supps like natural calm to drink, and epsom salts baths? that is something you could consider starting with as you determine what other specific supps etc she needs

Hi! We have been using Bonnie's for four months and my son is doing very well on them. He still has tics, but nothing like onset & the mild OCD we saw in the beginning is all but gone. Have you ever done the intolerance testing? Although the Bontech seems to have taken the head off the tics, we are seeing continued improvements following my sons IgG. I still worry it could just be a long waning period, but I guess only time will tell. I think as others said, every child is different, even siblings. Maybe you could try to replicate the sups without the soy. Honestly, I really wish the Bontech's didn't have soy in them. My son did show intolerance for it, but he still seems to do well on them, so I didn't take him off when I found that out.

I completely understand your worry & frustration. I wake up every day just praying the tics will be gone. My husband said to me yesterday, " who cares he has some tics" - please tell me where I can get that attitude!?

Keep up the good work, you will find help for her...

Take care,

Lynn

Thank you so much for the advice. I think I will cut back on her dosage first to see if anything changes---maybe she does have a sensitivity to soy, I never thought of that. I also wonder about the diet as she has been eating the school lunch for a few weeks, I'm sure that is no good for her. I haven't tried Natural Calm on her, but have on my youngest daughter (6 yrs old). I can't really tell if it is helping her. It is so difficult to track what is happening to all three of them! I'll also check out the other forum for more advice. All your input and advice on this forum is so much appreciated. I would continue to go crazy if I tried to manage this all alone!

Hi! We have been using Bonnie's for four months and my son is doing very well on them. He still has tics, but nothing like onset & the mild OCD we saw in the beginning is all but gone. Have you ever done the intolerance testing? Although the Bontech seems to have taken the head off the tics, we are seeing continued improvements following my sons IgG. I still worry it could just be a long waning period, but I guess only time will tell. I think as others said, every child is different, even siblings. Maybe you could try to replicate the sups without the soy. Honestly, I really wish the Bontech's didn't have soy in them. My son did show intolerance for it, but he still seems to do well on them, so I didn't take him off when I found that out.

I completely understand your worry & frustration. I wake up every day just praying the tics will be gone. My husband said to me yesterday, " who cares he has some tics" - please tell me where I can get that attitude!?

Keep up the good work, you will find help for her...

Take care,

Lynn

Lynn, too funny about your husband. My dh says the same thing! As a matter of fact, he said the very thing last night before we went to bed. He knows ds deals with anxiety and he thinks the tics are harmless and doesn't know why I get so frustrated and distracted by them. Ds has started a bit of a waning period this week and I've been contemplating getting Bonnie's supplements and seeing how things go. I like reading these posts so I'm not surprised if things don't go the way I planned. I also understand about the 'wondering if it's a long waning period' thing. Sometimes I think that if I change things up and add something and then he decreases tics, etc then the supplement is working and then the tics will start back up again, and I'll wonder if the supplement was doing any good to begin with or if his waxing would have been worse if I hadn't added the supplement. GAH! So much to think about, and then our better halves say, "What are you worrying about?" LOL!

Bonnie