ACN Latitudes Forums

Mother's Day thoughts

I am preparing for Mother's day tomorrow and I know it will not be one of my best Mother's days. My teenage son is recovering from post-IVIG exacerbation and I really do not know if he is going to cooperate with the plans to see both grandmothers tomorrow. I am thinking about how much I love my children. How difficult it is to be the parent of strong-willed teenagers (my son is not the only one with a mind of his own)... and how I look into the eyes of that angry boy and still just love him so much. It reminded me of the book "love you forever", and I found the words posted online, so I thought I'd share them... for all of the mothers who are struggling this year.

http://www.rogerknapp.com/inspire/loveforever.htm

Happy Mother's Day to all the great Moms on here fighting for your kids. While I wish I'd met y'all under very different circumstances, I sure do feel lucky to know you now! All of you have helped me navigate this path we're on, and you have helped me uncover so much info I'd have never found going it alone. Thanks for all your sharing. (((((HUGS)))))

I gave this book to my 85 yo mom last Mother's Day. She died last October and this will be my first mother's day without her. We never stop needing our moms.

This mother's day, my son and daughter both gave me poems. My son's talks about how much love his heart holds when I do simple things, like help him get ready for school or understand his needs. As hard as the past few years have been, the struggles have given us a gift. We are far closer than I think we'd be if we hadn't spent bedtimes reading "Brain Stuck" or talking about the feelings that come with chronic disease.

There are times I certainly wish we could be on a different path, but then my kids utter something that makes me stop in my tracks and realize that I wouldn't change who it's made us become.

Happy Mother's Day to the most caring and determined mothers (and fathers) I know.