ACN Latitudes Forums

Combo abx treatment for pans

I know many of us have used combo and pulse abx for Lyme, but I seem to be reading more posts and hearing about this type of treatment for pandas. We've been on zithro, biaxin, minocin, augmentin individually with varying dosages over 3 years. In addition to clearing all coinfections, yeast, et al, are many if you now doing combo for pandas and seeing better trends? When my dd was hospitalized for what we now know was a seizure resulting from mycop, they administered Iv clarithromyicin and steroids for the seizure and cough. She had a complete recovery for about 4 months. Then all symptoms returned. We did not know we were dealing with pandas at the time, but realized how her life dramatically changed for the better! She was 8 and is now 12. We did not even hear

of pandas until she was 9 and began treating. Anyway, I'd like to hear if combos have made the difference in your child's treatment.

Although our children are being treated for multiple chronic infections of Lyme/Bartonella/Babesia/Mycoplasma/several Viruses/mineral deficiencies and not PANDAS (originally PANDAS for older DS) there have been magical moments from certain combo of antibiotics that have melted symptoms away within weeks of starting. For us, it was antibiotics that cross the BBB and really got at infection. A couple of antibiotics that made a huge difference was CeDax, Alinia, daily Tindamax (towards the end of treatment) all in combination with other antibiotics.

We also had a nice adjustment in baesline for older DS when he was treated for KPU which is just supplementation for specific minerals/vitamins.

LLM posted a really interesting article yesterday on how schizophrenia was treated back in the 60's with certain vitamin deficiencies. I found it particularly interesting because we similarly found certain vitamins to be very helpful like hd C 'ascorbic acid'.

http://orthomed.org/home/pauling.html

IV steroids and oral steroids (given for asthma and poison ivy) (different kids, more than once each) have both coincided with a complete regression of tics and OCD/anxiety behaviors. These are not even my kids being treated for PANDAS. Their regression was for a few months each.

One of the IV steroids was administered with IV rocephin.

I wish there was a magic combo. Another child just started on Augmentin 1000mg XR BID. hoping that works for her!