ACN Latitudes Forums

pyroluria test -- how do you get it

It's a urine test from Vitamin Diagnostics (Now European Lab of Nutrients) http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

You need a doctor to order it and the doctor has to have an account set up (a simple process). The results will only go to a doctor but it doesn't have to be an MD. I believe NPs and chiropractors could also set up an account.

Go to their site, then the tab that says "Lab tests/specific tests/Kryptopyrrol in urine

On that page, you'll see a "more info" on the test and a form

I think the lab syas to just do one urine catch. Klinghardt tells his patients to do a 24 hr catch because levels can fluctuate thru the day and he feels a 24 hr sample gives you a better picture. To do a 24 hr catch, you catch into one light-tight container, with 500mg ascorbic acid (Vit C) added as a preservative. Then at the end, you shake and pour into the sample container the lab sends you.

I have specific instructions and helpful hints from my doctor that I can email you. PM me your email when you're ready to do the test and I'll send them to you.

If you can't find a doctor to order, I know a few people who supplemented with Core on their own and based the decision to test on what sort of changes they saw or didn't see. But Core isn't cheap. So if you can find a doctor to order the test, it's worth the $70 IMO.

There's another place that i used for my dds pyroluria test and you don't need a doctors order. They mail you a test collection kit, you complete and mail back and they mail you results online. It was either 60 or 80 dollars. Let me know if you would like that info and I'll dig it up.

Coco I would like to get the info for the test without the doctors signature if you are able to locate it. I do recall there being a place but will research also. funny how I was just reading up on this today.

Mar

Pyroluriatesting.com. By direct access health. It's a green backgrounded website. Go to the menu on the left, find pyroluria test, then kryptarole test. It is $80 and they will send you a urine collection test kit. Complete it and mail it back (I believe it can be mailed mon-wed for specimen purposes) all easy instructions are included. Within a week you will get labs emailed to you along with ranges, results, and there is a clinician available to speak to if you have questiions. You do not need any doctor's signature for this

• 7 months later...

Finally getting around to doing this (I know, I know ,been on the back burner for too long) I will see Dr Geller tomorrow and ask if he will order this test. Where do I get the light=tight container? Do I just drop in the vit c I buy OTC?

Also DD has high copper which I have been treating with Zinc. Will ask to test zinc,copper,B6, B12,glutithione and homosytine tomorrow? Anything else I should add? we are also dealing with reoccuring yeast infections. We treat for a few days with diflucan but it comes back in a few weeks. We do probiotics but it still comes back. Which is a better option long term nystatin or diflucan?

Have you done the candida test through this lab?

Edited by minimaxwell

Finally getting around to doing this (I know, I know ,been on the back burner for too long) I will see Dr Geller tomorrow and ask if he will order this test. Where do I get the light=tight container? Do I just drop in the vit c I buy OTC?

Also DD has high copper which I have been treating with Zinc. Will ask to test zinc,copper,B6, B12,glutithione and homosytine tomorrow? Anything else I should add? we are also dealing with reoccuring yeast infections. We treat for a few days with diflucan but it comes back in a few weeks. We do probiotics but it still comes back. Which is a better option long term nystatin or diflucan?

Have you done the candida test through this lab?

Check your insurance on the homosytine test. Our LLMD accidentally ran it twice and our insurance (aetna) is not covering it. $200 plus X 2. Make sure it gets coded correctly. I will need to dispute the charges after the holidays.

Edited by philamom

[quote name='minimaxwell' timestamp='1355669921' post='150970'

Also DD has high copper which I have been treating with Zinc. Will ask to test zinc,copper,B6, B12,glutithione and homosytine tomorrow? Anything else I should add?

while you're at it, you could ask for Vit D and thryoid. or at least, doc opinions on running them. our doc tests what you have mentioned and vit D and the nurse told me almost everyone they test (granted, they are there of chronic issues) tests low in vit D.

i had asked this question in may but then we saw our doc in june and ran it through Pyroluriatesting.com and they supplied us with everything we needed.

Edited by smartyjones