ACN Latitudes Forums

doctors in NJ/NYC

kelly

I am new to all of this and am trying to find the appropriate doctor. I live in NJ, right by NYC. If anyone can make a recommendation for a doctor I would greatly appreciate it. I saw a pediatric neurologist who diagnosed my 4 year old son with chronic tic disorder. She said he had a complex tic, one she "had never seen before". Not very comforting. I have been searching the web for doctors but I know those that come recommended are best. And if there are any doctors I should avoid in my area, please let me know. Although I try to resecarch as much as I can about the subject I really have little knowledge of all different treatments/diets. Thank you for any help.

Kelly

Hi Kelly

have you tried using Sheila's link for "Finding Medical Help" that is pinned to the top of this forum

here is the direct link

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=565

I seem to recall that we have heard recommendations for docs in your area before so hopefully someone will be able to give you a personal recommendation

all the best

Cheri

Kelly

Email me @ stripersurf@optonline.net

I may be able to help you. I live in NJ and travel to NY to see an allergist who has experience with tourettes.

We can discuss more off line. He is helping one my boys and we liekk him a lot.

If thereis anyone else out there in the NJ/NYC area, please let me know and maybe we can help each other.

Regards

David

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I live in Northern NJ, and have a GREAT Dr. currently treating my son for (suspected) PANDAS. He's currenty in Newark at UMDMJ, and has pioneered a lot of the research on PANDAS. If you e-mail me, I will give you his name and number (feel funny posting someone else's information on the internet!)

Julie

• 3 months later...
Hi! I live in Northern NJ, and have a GREAT Dr. currently treating my son for (suspected) PANDAS. He's currenty in Newark at UMDMJ, and has pioneered a lot of the research on PANDAS. If you e-mail me, I will give you his name and number (feel funny posting someone else's information on the internet!)

Julie

Hi Julie, I am new to this site and desperately trying to find a doctor to help my 9-yr old son, who I am sure has PANDAS. All his psychiatrist does is prescribe more drugs (he's on celexa, buspar, trileptal, seroquel, and cefprozil for his strep). He's a walking zombie and I've had it with drugs. I assume the doctor you mention above is Dr. Rosario Trifiletti, correct? If so he's no longer at UMDNJ. Do you know where he practices, or could you recommend another doctor? We are in central NJ, so anywhere in NJ/NYC/or PHL is no problem. Thanks so much! Wanda

Kelly,

2 years ago I have contacted Dr Neubrander, spoke to the nurse and asked questions if the Dr. ever treated

kids that have TS or tics. The nurse claimed he has. He mainly treats autistic kids.

I never went through making the appt. at that time I was scared of B12 shots and chelation, etc.

I was wondering how my young child at age of 5 will take all those doctor visits.

There are many children on this board have gone through Chelation,B12 shots successfully.

Still to this day, I see those methods as my backup plan.

They are located in Edison , NJ

http://www.drneubrander.com/page1.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there is the Handles Institute someone on this board recommended.

Their site states their therapy works with Tourette.

http://www.handle.org/

They have a subsidiary in New Jersey I believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there is Pfeiffer Treatment Center.

They mainly talks about zinc/copper imbalance.

According to Enzyme Stuff website..

"The center has been around a long time and specializes in correcting chemical imbalances with nutritional supplements. This is the link to their web site"

They have an outreach program and I believe they will be in Maryland this Feb 6.

http://www.hriptc.org/outreach_schedule.html

They themselves are located at Illinois.

Hope that helps.

Daniel

• 11 months later...

Julie

Hi Julie, I am new to this site and desperately trying to find a doctor to help my 9-yr old son, who I am sure has PANDAS. All his psychiatrist does is prescribe more drugs (he's on celexa, buspar, trileptal, seroquel, and cefprozil for his strep). He's a walking zombie and I've had it with drugs. I assume the doctor you mention above is Dr. Rosario Trifiletti, correct? If so he's no longer at UMDNJ. Do you know where he practices, or could you recommend another doctor? We are in central NJ, so anywhere in NJ/NYC/or PHL is no problem. Thanks so much! Wanda

Rosario Trifiletti practices at the Morristown Memorial Hospital and it's sister hospital, Overlook Hospital. He has helped my 10 year old daughter and our family immensely. I recommend you call the hospital and contact child neurology and get his number. Good luck!

Hello Jackie,

May I ask what type of doctor he is and what kind of things he has recommended that seem to help your daughter? She has ts? I don't think you have posted on your daughters history before this, would you mind giving a short history and what type of things this doctor does? It could be beneficial to many here. Thank you.

May I ask the same from David and Jordansmom? Finding a doctor who treats tourettes has been somewhat hard for many here, and I am curious as to how they help and what type of protocol they use.

Thank you sincerely,

Faith