ACN Latitudes Forums

MTHFR article

I love this magazine. Nearly all the articles are written by integrative or naturopathic practioners in CT. In this month's issue, starting on Pg 18 is an overview of things that can lead to anxiety and depression. On Pg 19 under the Genetics heading, you can read a simple explanation of the role methylfolate plays in the body. Natural Nutmeg

If you like the magazine, you can search the archives for articles on lyme, Pandas, integrative approaches to various health issues. Both Dr Moorcroft and Dr O'Hara contribute articles periodically. Moorcroft had an article in the May issue on lyme and children. O'Hara had one on Pandas last fall I think.

That is a great article. Thanks for sharing. I just found out a few minutes ago that my oldest son has the "combo" mutation. He was positive for one copy of c677t and one copy of A1298C. My other son was positive for two copies of c677t, and myself and my daughter both were positive for one coppy of c677t. So evidently, my husband must cary the A1298c mutation to have given it to my son right? Great, now I have to learn about both mutations! I'm not sure my brain can hold all of that. Having three kids with PANS is hard enough. Now three kids with MTHFR (and all different)mutations. What's next?

Dedee

Edited by Dedee

Crazy- everyone coming up with the mutation. I haven't had a chance to read the article yet, but always get lost when trying to follow the MTHFR posts. I just got tested today and my daughter will in a few weeks. I hope y'all will be able to guide me some with the different mutations. ;) Do you know if IVIG will affect the results?

Thanks for posting the link LLM.