ACN Latitudes Forums

Elevated liver enzymes

My dd 9 liver enzymes came back mildly elevated. Ast at 52. She has been off zythromax since dec25. But was on it a month. Now is on olive leaf, inositol 700 mg. multi vit, omega 3 vit D.

Could the liver enzymes be up still from antibiotics. Or from olive leaf or inositol.

The inositol is really helping her mood. Stopping the olive leaf. Should I stop the inositol too

Thanks mary

My DS had elevated liver enzymes for over a year. Had 2 liver biopsies done. After taking 60 mg prednisone for 2 weeks enzymes were normal.

Drs. conclusion: inflammation in liver

He was not on antibiotics at the time.

My ds has been off antibiotics for month and half. But hear it takes long time for liver enzymes to go down. Is this true? Could it be olive leaf?

Thanks mary

Edited by Mary wag

My DS had elevated liver enzymes for over a year. Had 2 liver biopsies done. After taking 60 mg prednisone for 2 weeks enzymes were normal.

Drs. conclusion: inflammation in liver

He was not on antibiotics at the time.

My ds has been off antibiotics for month and half. But hear it takes long time for liver enzymes to go down. Is this true? Could it be olive leaf?

Thanks mary

Mary...All I know is that the prednisone lowered them quickly. I think all Drs. were surprised esp. the Chief of Gastroenterolgy and Hepatology at the teaching hospital where 2nd biopsy was done.