ACN Latitudes Forums

What has helped Racing thoughts the most for child?

My kiddo is on intunive and Zoloft. Both low doses and no longer has the racing thoughts. OCD and anxiety is still there but not debilitating. I can't believe now much better he is. Can't say it would work for everyone but we are so eased with his progress.

I take phosphatidyl choline (part of the B vitamin family) when I have racing thoughts. If you google choline and racing thoughts you'll find lots of stuff. It is also anti-inflammatory, which is a bonus.

http://myfunhealthylife.hubpages.com/hub/Choline-for-a-Healthy-Brain

Edited by momcap

We always titrate up very slowly for all supplements because DD is very sensitive, but we took it particularly slowly with L-Methylfolate. She requires high dose at 10 mg so it took a while. B complex was a real problem for DD. It took me years to figure out that inositol was the ingredient that was causing the problem so we separate out the B vitamins she needs. She also had a problem taking B12 injections so she takes either the sub-lingual or nasal spray. Both inositol and B12 injections make her very dysregulated.

Yes, she is 677 homozygous. We started at 1000 mcg (she is adult weight) and worked up very slowly to 10 mg. That seemed to be optimal dose for her.

How did you figure out that she needs 10 mg? And is she C677T homozygous?

I see much more even moods. DD can definitely feel it.

I too am on L-Methylfolate for homozygous 677 and am at 7000 mcg/day. Recently I had surgery and my surgeon wanted me off all supplements for a week. During this time I was feeling very overwhelmed by stress. My left arm went numb for two days. After going back on my supps I did not feel so overwhelmed by stress and the numbness in my arm went away.