ACN Latitudes Forums

Yasko approach

I am still flipping and flopping between DAN and Yasko approach as to which one I should start my son on. Could someone tell me that has used Yasko: I understand it deals with the supplements and heavy metals, yet I feel it is possible that my son may have pyloria, yeast, or food insensitivities. Does Dr. Mullen (Yasko doc) test for these things and deal with them as well? I feel that all things must be addressed yet I haven't figured out the Yasko approach (I have ordered the book yet not received it yet). I understand that the Yasko approach helps with what the child specifically needs supplement wise and addresses the viral and bacteria. Does she do anything else? Thanks.

bmom,

Dr. mullan does test for yeast on a routine basis. We had already done allergy testing, delayed food sensitivity testing, and TONS of other tests before we went to Dr. Mullan. We forwarded all the results of the tests to her, and she read them prior to our first consultation. I don't know if she tests for pylouria.

The Yasko approach uses genetic testing to look at the multisystem imbalances in the body that create an atmosphere for the growth of multifactorial and complex diseases. Yasko's hypothesis is, "that chronic viral and bacterial organisms in our bodies are able to create additional havoc in your system by acting as "accomplices" to heavy metals, and aiding in their retention in the body."

I agree so strongly that you have to weigh the pros and cons when choosing treatments for you or your loved one. I hope I brought some clarity to your dilemma. Best of luck with your decision!!