ACN Latitudes Forums

How many of your kids complain of headaches?

I was thinking after reading Gemi visit with Dr. Sims and the connection to headaches. My son complains of headaches regularly and really gets them bad on car rides to the point that he complains everytime I say we have to go away. I had TMJ when I was in high school and ohhh how I remember the headaches.... this does make me wonder if there is a connection!!!

Mary

I was thinking after reading Gemi visit with Dr. Sims and the connection to headaches. My son complains of headaches regularly and really gets them bad on car rides to the point that he complains everytime I say we have to go away. I had TMJ when I was in high school and ohhh how I remember the headaches.... this does make me wonder if there is a connection!!!

Mary

Mary,

Hi, my son complains of headaches and his jaw and neck hurts. My families dentist said he has a jaw just like mine and I have TMJ. So I am really wondering if Dr.Sim could help my son. How is your son doing? Has changing back to the regular topamax helped your son? Hope all is well..Char

Hi Char... this just all got me thinking... I remember when my son was just a few years old he took a horrible hit from his chin...had a big cut on his tongue... When I was a preteen I took a good fall off my bike and hit my chin and a few years later I had tmj....no longer have any problmes with it.

Not good yet.... He has only been on the right topamax for 10 days, hoping they soon stop again. It was about 2 weeks on the generic when the vocals started and about about week later the motor tics. It is not as bad as it was before where he does have breaks in between the motor. Before we startd topamax he was constantly tissing.

I sent the Dr. Sims info to my ortho. and my pedatrician to see what they think.... It is starting to click <_<

To me it is a small price to pay if it stops the tics...like I said I spent about that much just on an appliance for my daughters cross bite and that really didn't impact her life at all ;)

Mary

Mary

Mary,

Hi, my son complains of headaches and his jaw and neck hurts. My families dentist said he has a jaw just like mine and I have TMJ. So I am really wondering if Dr.Sim could help my son. How is your son doing? Has changing back to the regular topamax helped your son? Hope all is well..Char

Mary

Mary,

There is a strong connection between TMJ and gluten intolerance/celiac.

My aunt suffered for years before a wise doc finally dxd her with celiac and she is so much better now after 1 yr on the diet. Same goes for the headaches. That was a classic symptom for me. Onset was usually 1-2 hrs after eating and was so bad I would be light sensitive. Didn't happen all the time but when it did it was horrible. I eat like dxd ds and haven't had headaches in two years.

Caryn

• 2 weeks later...
may be an allergy related headache

This is what I think causes my son's headaches. He has been sneezing and congested and has been complaining of a mild headache. In other words, it's a bit bothersome but not enough to make him want to take pain meds for it. I need to take him back for NEAT and get him back on the quercetin(which I think helped with his allergies a bit). I also think he gets sun headaches and headaches possibly from dehydration. He played 4 hours of tennis yesterday in temps over 100 degrees and said a headache started last night. As long as he's not whining about it, I don't treat it except with having him drink lots of water!

B

no headaches here, but I do notice bright light bothers him. more so when it is light that is turned on after being in the dark. I think we all feel like that to get adjusted to the light, but I have heard him say his eyeballs hurt, and my mother seems to think this is a problem, she has always mentioned to me when he was little that he seemed to have a problem with bright light, but I brushed it off, (crazy old lady!, lol).. just kidding, love her dearly. :) ................does anyone else have this?

Faith

I get this from iherb http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Quercet...Capsules/7?at=0 and it works great for my allergies and a few family members use it. When my son started back with some tics i started to give it to him also for a few days but then noticed it had magnesium stearate and wasn't sure if that was the good kind of magnesium to give to him so I stopped.

Mys son also gets headaches when out in the sun for awhile, but then I think I would too if I was out for that long...I am not a sun person :)

may be an allergy related headache

This is what I think causes my son's headaches. He has been sneezing and congested and has been complaining of a mild headache. In other words, it's a bit bothersome but not enough to make him want to take pain meds for it. I need to take him back for NEAT and get him back on the quercetin(which I think helped with his allergies a bit). I also think he gets sun headaches and headaches possibly from dehydration. He played 4 hours of tennis yesterday in temps over 100 degrees and said a headache started last night. As long as he's not whining about it, I don't treat it except with having him drink lots of water!

B