ACN Latitudes Forums

What supplements do you give your children?

Hello,

This has probably been asked before, but I am having a hard time finding a compilation of answers. Can we start a thread of supplements that we give our children?

Can you list what you give your children and why? Which probiotic do you use, which additional supplements, etc? I have just come accross Olive Leaf extract and am wondering if anyone else has used it. Or what do you use as a supplement to boost your child's immunity? Can you use the same probiotic consistently or do you need to switch it every so often to introduce different bacteria every so often?

Then, what do you do if your child does start to show signs of a yeast infection from the abx use? We have boosted the use of probiotics and yogurt when this happens, but I am wondering if you all do something else as well.

Thanks!!

Our d has been on the following for 8 months--

Full strength Amoxicillan

Probiotics--Either the Good Belly drink (Whole Foods) or Dan Active drink, sometimes Kefir with Probiotics. Something type of probiotic at least twice a day.

250 mg vitamin D3 (Nordic Naturals-Whole Foods)

1000 mg vitamin C

1000 mg Omega 3 EPA-Xtra (Nordic Naturals-Whole Foods)

btw...I did more reading on the Olive Leaf extract and it said it is great for boosting immunity but not to be taken with abx, as it will negate the benefits of abx. So, if there is anyone on this board who is not using abx, this might be something to try. But not for anyone whose child is on abx.

Thos of you who are on abx, what do you use as an immunity booster? And also, how do you give these to your children? Are they chewable, do you mix them in a drink? Or can your children swallow pills? My dd is 3 and can only handle chewable gummy vitamins.

Let me add another request to this, does anyone know where one can find acceptable dosing for a child for supplements? Or can you not do too much of a vitamin or supplement? I know you can do too much iron and Vitamin A, but what about C and D?

You would just pee too much C out.

It is possible to overdose on vitamin D. I think it is worthwhile for kids to get tested since there is so much variability in absorbtion from the sun based on skin color, geographical location, and how much time is spent outdoors. Time of year probably matters too. I've heard levels might be lowest in March???