ACN Latitudes Forums

Do any of you have Anglo-Saxon Genes

jewels

Just a theory,

Could I ask you all if anyone who's looked back into their heritage found ancestors that are anglo-saxon.

I am very interested to know if they came from the Northern part of England.

If we have lots, then I will start a poll

Many thanks

Jules

PS I'm not looking for long lost family members but a genetic link. I won't be landing on your porch with a suitcase! :D

jewels,

we are pretty much all italian here, however I am pretty sure my father's mother (so my grandmother, whom I've never met) is either from England herself or her parents were. that's all I know. my dad is deceased, so can't answer to wher exactly, but I always remember him saying he was 1/4 english. :D

Faith

Thankyou Vickie for that poll link.

That has opened up another question, but I need to get my studies out to list the places were the English settled.

Just to let you know that I am a mutt!

Father 100% pure Anlgo-saxon

Mother 50% spanish 50% Italian

DD is a very beautiful combination of English Rose, Italian beauty and Spanish senora.

The European link is not a surprise, as many English settled there.

Just a theory,

Could I ask you all if anyone who's looked back into their heritage found ancestors that are anglo-saxon.

Many thanks

Jules

PS I'm not looking for long lost family members but a genetic link. I won't be landing on your porch with a suitcase! ;)

Though I am Polish(purbread...only problem i have is stubborness)....this comes from my husband's side...who mostlly hail from maine...they are English, Belgium etc (Saxony)

Just a theory,

Many thanks

Jules

PS I'm not looking for long lost family members but a genetic link. I won't be landing on your porch with a suitcase! :wacko:

Jules,

I am mostly English, not sure where in England my ancestors are from? I will look into this. Lisa

Just a theory,

Many thanks

Jules

PS I'm not looking for long lost family members but a genetic link. I won't be landing on your porch with a suitcase! :wacko:

Jules,

I am mostly English, not sure where in England my ancestors are from? I will look into this. Lisa

I am Polish/Hungarian/German/French ..... my husband is a European Mix as well - English - and he thinks German ?! (I will send his sisters a note!!! for a man w/a college degree I sometimes wonder if her really went to grade school and completed those family tree.... geneology charts - It seems I did one every year in grade school LOL!!!! so that makes my DD and DS a bit of a melting pot :)

Just a theory,

Many thanks

Jules

My side=Polish (my mom) Hungarian (my dad)

My husband=Italian (his mom) ? (his dad)