ACN Latitudes Forums

Bloodletting! (well, almost...)

This is going to sound very strange, but has anyone else noticed DRAMATIC mood improvements after blood has been taken from their kids for testing? The first time it happened, I thought it was a strange coincidence - maybe they were tense about the tests, and relieved once it was over....? But at this point, each of my kids has had a BUNCH (maximum allowed amount for weight) of blood taken 4 times, and they don't get particularly tense about it....but afterwards, they are in unbelievably great moods, totally free of tics, etc. Even though they tend to be at their worst when the blood is taken (hence the testing...), they become 100% great within 5 minutes or so afterwards and for the rest of the day.

I can't imagine what this is - maybe "fresh" blood being released? Maybe relief of blood pressure in inflamed brain? Can't think of any good reason that this makes sense, and yet there it is...

CAUTION: Do not try this at home! B)

This is going to sound very strange, but has anyone else noticed DRAMATIC mood improvements after blood has been taken from their kids for testing? The first time it happened, I thought it was a strange coincidence - maybe they were tense about the tests, and relieved once it was over....? But at this point, each of my kids has had a BUNCH (maximum allowed amount for weight) of blood taken 4 times, and they don't get particularly tense about it....but afterwards, they are in unbelievably great moods, totally free of tics, etc. Even though they tend to be at their worst when the blood is taken (hence the testing...), they become 100% great within 5 minutes or so afterwards and for the rest of the day.

I can't imagine what this is - maybe "fresh" blood being released? Maybe relief of blood pressure in inflamed brain? Can't think of any good reason that this makes sense, and yet there it is...

CAUTION: Do not try this at home! ^_^

I was just having this conversation the other day with my brother-in-law. Our daughters symptoms improved for about 4 days after she had blood drawn for the strep titers and Cunningham tests. He compared it to leech therapy as well. She also was having a lot of bloody noses, which, strangely enough have stopped since we started abx on Tuesday. Hmmmmmm.

Fascinating. I wonder if the loss of blood does have some immunomodulating effect. I know that "bloodletting" used to be considered medicinal before it came to be considered barbaric. I looked it up on wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodletting

It's a practice that was used for 2000 years - routinely used before surgery to "prevent inflammation." It also mentions that removal of blood has a sedative effect. Very interesting.

Maybe I can get the kids interested in a vampire bat for a pet ^_^

No-one else has seen this?

Or, maybe as EAMom suggests, it could be more of a post-adrenaline rush kind of thing? Who knows, but it's very obvious in my kids.

CAUTION: Do not try this at home! :)

I was just having this conversation the other day with my brother-in-law. Our daughters symptoms improved for about 4 days after she had blood drawn for the strep titers and Cunningham tests. He compared it to leech therapy as well. She also was having a lot of bloody noses, which, strangely enough have stopped since we started abx on Tuesday. Hmmmmmm.