ACN Latitudes Forums

Biaxin

Kay

For anyone whose children have been on Biaxin for treating Mycoplasma P could you chime in and let me know what dose was used, how many times a day and for how long? Any other information such has age and weight of child would be helpful too.

If you were treating Mycoplasma with another antibiotic, which ones and same information please as far as dose, times a day and how long.

Finally, I know I have asked this before but if you could answer again in reference to the above questions, if you thought you saw improvement.

Thanks so much.

Kay

For anyone whose children have been on Biaxin for treating Mycoplasma P could you chime in and let me know what dose was used, how many times a day and for how long? Any other information such has age and weight of child would be helpful too.

If you were treating Mycoplasma with another antibiotic, which ones and same information please as far as dose, times a day and how long.

Finally, I know I have asked this before but if you could answer again in reference to the above questions, if you thought you saw improvement.

Thanks so much.

Kay

My ds12 (100 lbs.) was put on Biaxin for 1 month in hope of getting rid of some of his initial exacerbation symptoms. We did not have any symptom relief. His Dr. thinks he was triggered originally by 'walking pneumonia' and we have yet to get rid of most of his symptoms (headache, stomachache, nausea, muscle aches, little tic, little OCD). His tests have all come back looking good so far so we may be heading towards IVIG next. He was on 250 mg twice a day. Hope this helps.

This summer, he was triggered again, his dr. thinks with mycoplasm again, and she put him on a 2 week dose of Azithro. He was almost over that within 1 1/2 weeks. Still has all his other initial symptoms. Dosage: 500 mg once/day for 6 days.

Hope this helps.

Hi Kay,

My dd is 18 and 125lbs. Has taken Biaxin 1000 mg once a day for 3 months and did see improvement. July we did a month of zitromax 500mg. Currently her IgM's remain high and 3 days ago started on minocycline 100mg once a day and 250mg zithromax. JT's mom sent a link to me about macrolide resistance being seen with myco and I mentioned this to the doctor. Will let you know how things are in a few days. Dr. is going to run alot of bloodwork in 10 days and will take it from there.

Great Tired Mom, will be interested to see how it goes. This has been nagging at us for awhile as you can see by post I have made. We have drs appointment on Monday and I think there is not a problem getting the Biaxin or something that will treat I just was not sure on what dose etc. My daughter has high IGG only and has done well on Augmentin xr 1000 2 x day but still a few things left we would like to clear up and hoping this might be part of it or wouldn't it be nice if it was all of it!

Kay

Kay: My son started on Biaxin XR 1000 mgs in March for positive IGGs. He is 14, 122 lbs. He did 2 shorter courses in March/April, but did not see great gains until after a steady month on it. He has been on it since April. We did IVIG in June, and decided with our dr to keep him on it for the summer to be "safe". He is not 100%, but his rages are gone, his backslides are milder and shorter, and he is having more good days than bad!